Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Aprons

I made aprons for Christmas this year.  I had lot of fun making them and they took waaaayyyy more time than I thought they would.  Only because I was dedicated to using fabric that I have had laying around for years and years, so it was somewhat of a scrapfest. Plus, I kind of played around with creating my own pattern, but I altered it here and there as the fabric dictated.  


Mostly I made kitchen aprons, but I made three berry picking aprons (2 shown) which I really love.  They are reversible! 



I got the instructions from here and the original pattern was from a 1944 USDA Farmers Bulletin. Perfect, because that is the year my mother was born.

Here are the others: (note: most of them have rings on the waist band to hold a kitchen towel)
This apron (right) has a belly button!
















1 comment: