Thursday, April 5, 2012

Juice Fast. Ready, Set, Go!

I am sooooo excited!  Today is Day One of my 10 day juice fast. I may extend it beyond the 10, but I am committed to10 first.  I may get brave and post my stats and a revealing photo.  Here is a photo of the fridge filled with fruits and veggies.


I decided to do the juice fast after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.  I'm nearly 50, sick of being fat and worrying about early death.  Although I am now also looking forward to the weight loss benefits, the main reason for me wanting to do the juice fast is for my health and for the possibility of retraining my taste buds.

I crave fried foods...and the potato chips...MMM mmm--especially after quitting smoking!  I could eat an entire large bag in a day with some green onion dip.  That is where a lot of the 20 lbs I gained came from after I quit.

With this 10 Day Juice Cleanse I am looking forward to:
  • Retraining my taste buds so they crave fruits and veggies instead of fried chicken wings and french fries. 
  • Detoxing from processed foods. 
  • Changing my eating habits.
  • Improved overall health (skin, rashes, arthritis type symptoms, cholesterol, and heart health)
  • Weight loss (I feel so much better about myself when I am thinner).
I, like Joe and Phil from the documentary, have had a chronic rash for about a year now.  It comes and goes, and moves from place to place, but when it is flaring it lasts for months.  Yikes!  TMI?!  I m just trying to real here in the hopes that my honesty can help someone else.  

I just think that the rash and other symptoms, (arthritis like) are signs of an overloaded system and I am hoping to reset my system--a DO-OVER! 

It makes sense to me.  I could give details about why juice fasting is good for you, but Joe Cross already did that so well in his documentary, which I already mentioned above.  I highly recommend watching it!

I'll do my best to keep you updated on my juice cleanse progress.

Juicing sure makes for some pretty photos!  This is the cup that captured the beet juice I made this morning.
Photo by Marisa Zocco


No comments:

Post a Comment